Monday, October 13, 2008

What I like about you!

Ok, so I have been tagged by Steph to share a bit about myself...6 items to be exact. You have caught me on a sleepy night where I am not feeling super creative and will probably be sharing some fairly obvious facts about myself...but here goes!

1. My baby Ben is so dang cute, funny, and busy! My favorite things about him right now are his 4 front teeth that are constantly biting everything, his version of clapping which is flapping his arms up and down, how he plays "fetch" by crawling around with toys in his mouth, and his adorable "mama" and "dada" babble. He brightens our days and makes us smile constantly. 2. Laughter! I love to laugh and these boys know how to make me do it! I love how silly my husband is and how that is carrying over into my boys. We have a good time around our house as you can see. I think that Sulli is just slightly over the weight limit on the Bjorn...actually I think he was over the weight limit at 9 months! Sulli makes me laugh constantly with his stories and general conversation. He asked me this morning about the baby in daddy's belly (we have been talking a lot about babies in bellies due to my friend Kate who is almost due). I said again that boys don't have babies in their bellies, that only girls can have babies. He looked at me like I had just said something so insulting and said, "I know that mom. I am just pretending." I should have known! And the holiday that is upcoming is called "Halloweenia" at our house. I am thinking that this came from some of my choir songs that have "Halleluiah" in them. Oh he is a funny little guy!
3. I love to eat. I love to eat good food. I love being spoiled and going to nice restaurants and not holding back. I love getting an appetizer, a wonderful meal, and of course a dessert. If I had unending funds and could spend money on whatever I wanted to, I would choose to eat out at a nice place frequently so that I could spoil my tummy. Of course, it is fun to share these meals with good friends. I was able to share one of these meals last night with the birthday girl Amy and close to popping Kate. Good food...good friends...good times! And actually I have been spoiled lately because I had another yummy meal a couple of weeks ago when Evan and I had a date night. Oh, I am drooling thinking of food.

I also am a closet junk food eater. Not much in the closet though...if you know me, you know that I love the junk. I guess the quantities that I can eat are what I keep in the closet. During grad school, I had days where I sat on the couch with my school books, a package of Oreos and a glass of milk and easily finished off a row...or two. Mmmm...gotta quit with the food talk!

4. Along the lines of food and eating, I love the fall. I love everything about the fall. The air, the colors, the coolness, and...the food. What is better than corn on the cob, fresh peaches, grilled zucchini and chicken/apple sausages. Man, you would think that I haven't eaten in days...nope. Quite full actually-just a bit obsessed...can you tell?

I think that I also love fall because of all of the fun holidays that come during or after it. Gearing up for Thanksgiving and Christmas are so much fun again now that we have kids.

5. I have regrets in life as I am sure that most of us do. I will share one of these regrets with you. In high school, I feel that I was a quitter. I did not stick with volleyball because I wasn't competitive enough and didn't want to put forth the effort that it was going to take in order to get better. I had opportunities to spend the summer in Hawaii training with my professional beach volleyball playing cousin in order to better my game. I chose not to and decided to quit playing instead. I also quit dancing. I love to dance and had so much fun doing it. But it was a huge time committment. And instead of sticking with it and putting in the time, I quit. I regret both of these decisions greatly because I just scratched the surface on some skills that I really could have developed. I feel like I sold myself short by not pushing myself to get better.

6. I wish that I had a green thumb and more time. With these two combined I would love to be a gardener. I am envious of my little sister in that she is an amazing gardener. There are several reasons for my wanting this talent. First, how amazing to start something as a seed and knowing that by nurturing that little seed, you can get something wonderful from it. But more importantly, I would love to not be so dependent on the store for sustaining my family. How great would it be to be able to walk outside my door and pick a few things to make for dinner rather than getting in the car to "pick up" a few things for dinner. This is something that I hope to really accomplish someday.

So there! Here is a little piece of me. My melatonin is kicking in so typing is becoming extremely difficult. Off to bed I go. I just pray that the little ones decide to stay in bed tonight! More importantly...stay QUIET in bed. Goodnight!

4 comments:

SPARKY said...

thanks for sharing. i love the one about a regret. thanks for letting me see a bit more into your life! btw...can you tell me how you change your blog background? also, are you interested in joining a bunko group?email me

Anonymous said...

Coly, I am proud of you for being able to share and be so honest. Even though I knew most of that about you, it was still nice to read. Love the pic of Sulli in the Bjorn. Hee hee! Jen and I missed you this weekend. Love you!
P.S. I was also curious how you changed your background. Very cute!

Lindley Family said...

Those are all very interesting things about you....but you forgot to mention another "closet" food indulge of yours - m&ms in the peanut butter....eh?

Amy Taylor said...

thanks for sharing. you're an amazing mom, wife and friend. I love the new fall background.