PTA...here I come! This is me getting creative. I made skeleton cupcakes for Sulli's preschool Harvest Party. I think that I had more fun making them than they were appreciated by the kids but that's ok.
Sullivan is pictured here with some preschool friends at his party. From the first time that I asked Sulli what he wanted to be, he never strayed from "Cookie Monster". He in fact had an idea for what every member of our family should be. He was to be Cookie and Ben was to be Elmo. He told me that I should be a "bike". What??? Evan was to be Mickey Mouse but this changed to Popeye. The only ones that I followed through with were Elmo and Cookie. He asked what I was on our way to his school and I told him that I was going as a "mom". That's the best costume I wear every day.
Benny's outfit fit perfect on his body but the head was huge. It hung down over his eyes totally hiding his face so it was off of his head most of the time. Little cutie wasn't sure what to think of all of this.
Here we are at our church's Trunk or Treat. Sulli is here with his buddy Gus and his little brother Elmo...here you can see what I mean about the huge hood. Sulli was still a bit weary of the whole situation. He wanted to participate in everything but wanted to be right next to/carried by a parent at all times. He loved the cotton candy (thanks Nana) and thought getting candy was pretty cool.
We were excited that Nana and Papa could come over for a quick visit and go Trunk or Treating with us. Sulli took a little rest from pounding the pavement to watch Veggie Tales with Nana.
Benny didn't last long and finally gave in to sleep while watching Mom sing with the praise band. He was Papa's buddy that night.
One of the games was Oscar the Grouch. How this kids parents convinced him to do this I don't know. "So Billy, you are going to sit in a garbage can all night while kids throw bean bags at you...ok? Sounds like fun doesn't it?" Sulli was infatuated with this game and "Oscar". I had to get a picture with him.
We picked out some great pumpkins at the pumpkin patch and carved them the other night. Evan's was a really neat owl. Sulli's was so small that 2 eyes and a nose were all that fit. He had a great time scooping out the guts and roasting the seeds. Fun family project.
1 comment:
I love your halloween fun! The skeletons will have to be tried at the williams family home next year. Those will be a great additions to our spooktacular feasting!
Post a Comment