Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthday Boy

These pictures are posted in opposite chronological order of the evenings events but I am too tired to try and move them around. You will still get the idea of what went on at Benny's little party! Sulli enjoying being one of Benny's presents.
Ben was way more interested in the packaging than the presents.

Delirious from all the excitement!


Here is our birthday boy! The best present we could ever have!



Nana and Mimi with the birthday boy.

Toot toot! Ainsley was showing Ben how to use his party horn.


My baby Benny is ONE! Can you believe that a whole year has gone by??? I sure can't. It went by quickly with Sulli, and even quicker this time. He is such a joy and a handful all at the same time. I just adore this little being. We went to the doctor today for his one year check up. He is 19 pounds and 6 oz (6 pounds lighter than Sulli at this age). Still such a little guy...only in the 10th percentile for weight and 60th for height. I asked Evan if there were any concerns I should ask the doctor about. The only thing that he wanted to me to ask was if there was a way that we could bottle up his cuteness so that we could save it forever and ever. Makes me teary eyed thinking of how fleeting this small stage is . Makes me even more teary eyed at how face paced life is and how I don't enjoy every moment that I have. I let life get in the way all too often and forget to laugh at their silliness, cry at their cuteness, and smell their little necks.

Anyways, we had a wonderful little party for the little monkey. Sulli was the party planner extraordinare and decided that Ben should have a jungle party. My friend Bekki was the cake lady again and made a delicious, adorable cake. She also made Ben one that he could destroy on his own. We had dinner, cake and presents. The kids played, adults talked, and Benny just hung out not knowing what the heck was going on. Sulli helped Ben dig into his own little cake and each of the kids took turns taking bites off the cake as well. All in all it was a fun day. A bit sad for me...but fun.

6 comments:

Amy Taylor said...

I love it! He is such a cutie. Happy Birthday Ben.

Jill said...

what an adorable cake!! I loved it!

Every Day Blessings said...

What a cutie! The pictures of him in the cake are adorable.You are right these moments fly by.Enjoy,Enjoy!!!

Erik and Tracy said...

Just love that little guy! Makes me teary too, just thinking about how quickly they grow up before our eyes. I'll cry with you about it anytime!! Hee hee.

Tabitha and Kelly said...

That cake is so darn cute. She always does an amazing job. Oh, your little boy is growing up. Try to capture him in this moment. I miss you guys! Happy Birthday little Ben!

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

I love the family photo with Ben in the bag! So cute, You should find a fun birthday frame for that one! That cake was darling!