Friday, January 9, 2009

HO HO HO

Christmas was spent in Twin Falls this year with my family. We celebrated an early Christmas with Evan's parents the weekend before. I of course forgot my camera. But the boys had a great time opening gifts and eating a delicious meal. Then on Monday, I headed over to Twin with the boys. My sister and her boyfriend graciously drove over and picked us up. They braved some pretty awful roads to get here and I am so grateful they were safe and that they still came! Evan had to stay and work through Christmas Eve so was not due to arrive in Twin until Wednesday night. He surprised us though and walked in the door on Tuesday night. It was the best present ever, since I had been fretting about him driving since it was dumping snow and just plain yucky out!
Santa Claus surprised us and made a visit Christmas Eve. Just as Papa was going in to take a shower, Santa showed up outside. Nana spotted him running across the lawn. Then he peeked through the window. Sulli was shocked and leapt into my arms. He was excited but also terrified. He clung to me with all of his might. Sulli and Papa had put milk and cookies out on the front door step earlier and we had scattered our reindeer food out on the yard. We then heard the doorbell ring. We went to see who was there. The milk and cookies were gone and there on the doorstep was a brand new bike. Sulli was amazed! There was also a gift for Benny. We brought the bike inside and Sulli gave it a test drive. You can tell from the look on his face he is still in shock!Benny got a cool singing tool bag filled with tools from Santa. It was a great night. We then all cuddled on the couch and Auntie Boo read a great pirate Christmas book. Then it was off to bed. Here is Benny getting to know Great-Grandma Dossie and Great-Grandpa Louis. We are so lucky that they now live in Twin Falls so we will hopefully see more of them than when they were in Scottsdale.
The next morning we got up and opened stockings and all of our presents. Gotta love moms and their practical gifts! Thanks for the sexy undies mom!!

Benny got a neat little play station. It was a hit with both boys.
Our Christmas was amazing this year. We were so blessed to be with family and truly enjoy our time together. I feel so fortunate to be surrounded my so many wonderful people. Thank you everyone for making this a great holiday season!

We then headed home the Sunday after Christmas. New Year's was spent at home this year. Quiet night which was nice. We hosted a New Year's Day gather with Evan's parents which involved eating entirely way too much....all day long. And of course, the TV displayed football games all day as well.
And here we are in 2009. Such a wonderful year gone by! But I know that there are amazing things in store for this year as well. Here's to a happy, healthy, blessed 2009. Love to you all! Cheers!


7 comments:

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful end to your year. It is such a blessing to have family around for the holiday! I think it is wonderful!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

What a grand Christmas. I especially love the story about seeing Santa on the lawn and peeking through the window. My kids would have clung to me as well. Love your cute family and take care.

amanda said...

looks like a great Christmas! love the underwear:)

Strand Family said...

Nicole, You bring tears and cheers! Thanks for sharing your life with us...love you honey. Mom

Christy said...

I like your new undies!! Time to make another little Wyke. ;)

Tabitha and Kelly said...

Oh, it looks like you had a wonderful holiday! Rrrrr! Love the sexy panties. ;) I can't believe how big the boys are getting. They are so darn cute. I can't believe Benny is one. Where does the time go, and I am not even his parent. I am sure for you, it has gone even faster. I love you guys and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Fun times sister. It's always great to be with you, I just wish it were more often!!