We pulled over a lot for potty and stretch breaks. This is Ben and Daddy dancing in the road to get the wiggles out.
You can see the trailer following us in the back window. And you can also see sulli's blank stare. This was thanks to Nana and Papa who saved the day by purchasing DVD players for the boys to have on the trip. Sulli watched several movies from the library while driving. Lifesaver!!!
The chauffer...he had me drive for one hour of the trip...total!! Thanks for all the safe driving honey! Below is a poor example of some of the pretty views we had along the way. This was middle of nowhere Nevada looking at Mono Lake. It was beautiful!
We arrived in LA around 5p.m. on Thursday and had a great time seeing Ev's brother, sister-in-law and our baby cousin Dylan. On Friday we took a trip to the LA Zoo (for all of you Boise folks with zoo memberships, LA is no longer a reciprocal zoo...bummer!)The kids loved the animals and the playground. We then found an In and Out Burger for lunch...yummy!
Saturday morning we got up and headed to Hanford, CA to visit Ev's Grandma Lil. We took a much anticipated trip to Superior Dairy for "dinner". This has been a family tradition for Ev, can't stop it now! The servings that you see are "regular" scoops of ice cream...huge!!! The kiddos loved it.

This was one of Benny's favorite places to be, on GG's lap. He loved playing with her. We stayed Saturday night with Grandma, and all day Sunday. I made birthday dinner for her and I Sunday night since we share the same birthday. After getting that all cleaned up, we packed up the trailer and headed out to get a few hours out of the way that evening. Ended up staying the night in a grocery store parking lot in Modesto. Made it home Monday night around 7:15p.m. All in all, a great trip!
Saturday morning we got up and headed to Hanford, CA to visit Ev's Grandma Lil. We took a much anticipated trip to Superior Dairy for "dinner". This has been a family tradition for Ev, can't stop it now! The servings that you see are "regular" scoops of ice cream...huge!!! The kiddos loved it.
This was one of Benny's favorite places to be, on GG's lap. He loved playing with her. We stayed Saturday night with Grandma, and all day Sunday. I made birthday dinner for her and I Sunday night since we share the same birthday. After getting that all cleaned up, we packed up the trailer and headed out to get a few hours out of the way that evening. Ended up staying the night in a grocery store parking lot in Modesto. Made it home Monday night around 7:15p.m. All in all, a great trip!

6 comments:
I loved all of your pics, and I am so glad that you guys had a safe and fun trip. I loved seeing some pics of you in there Coly! ;) The zoo looked like fun, and I go every time that I am with my nieces in Denver. I can't believe the tire story. Whoo! I am glad he was so close to Les Schwab. Love you all!
Sounds like a whirlwind adventure! For future reference, we found bubbles and sidewalk chalk excellent travel companions to help get the wiggles out at rest stops. The zoo looks like it was so much fun! Happy Late birthday!
What a fun family adventure! All of your pictures made it look like a great time. What a neat family you are. I know you're all happy and love each other so much. Love you Coly.
So glad that the sticker suggestion helped with the trip. I'll be trying out the ripping paper on our next trip, too. Looks like a fun trip- glad you guys braved it!
yeah for California!! I loved all your pictures.what an adventure with the tire and everything.
It's okay Nicole--I'l still count you as #2 on my list. people don't seem to be that excited about washi eggs--or maybe the pay it forward part. anyways, I doubt it will get up to five. so expect your washi eggs this summer. blue and white or multi-color?
Post a Comment