Yesterday, Sulli and I took baby Ben to the doctor for his 2 month appointment. He is doing great as we expected. He weighs 11 lbs. 13 ounces and is 24 inches long. He is in the 50th percentile for weight and 90th for height. These are the same percentiles he was in at his 2 week weigh in. Now...compared to his brother??? Sulli at his 2 month appointment was 14 pounds 13 ounces. A whole 3 pounds more!!! And Sulli was 24 and 5/8 inches long. So length is pretty close. I have a string bean on my hands this time. I think I got a bit more Strand pumped into Ben.
Then came the dreaded time for the shots. I remember with Sulli that I held him on my lap and cried the whole time it was happening and for a while afterwards. This time, I didn't want that to happen because I don't want Sulli to be scared and traumatized. So I layed Ben down and walked away to sit with Sulli out of sight of the "pokers". It just ripped my heart out though when that little scream happened. Poor buddy! He quieted down fairly quickly though. He had some fussy times yesterday which I was attributing to the shots but seems to be doing just fine this morning.
I don't think that it will ever be easy to be with your kiddos and watch them get shots. Will forever pull my heart strings!
2 comments:
Oh poor little guy! It's even hard when they are 5...perhaps harder because now they REALLY know you are responsible for that pain! :)
Post a Comment