a beautiful view during our walk around the beaches of la jolla. right around the corner there were several seals sunning themselves on the rocks.
the view of mission bay from our hotel balcony. every morning the bay was bustling with activity. this particular morning there were several rowing boats out.
we called a few times a day to check in and see how the kids were doing. of course, they were wonderful and even slept better for mimi and bumpa than they do for us! go figure. they took a trip to the zoo and sulli and bumpa got to go see disney live! at the idaho center. all in all both parties had a great time. but it was amazing how at every turn, evan and i would say, "oh the kids would love this!" great to have some time away...but great to be home.
8 comments:
Glad you had fun and got to eat your food hot. I always loved that part when we left the kids behind. I know what you mean though about seeing things that they would love. We always do that! I guess that is why we take them with us some...although I do like going solo!
Oh, how wonderful! Those pics are so beautiful, and you and Evan look great! I love that all parties had a great time, and it seems like everything went so smoothly. I am very happy for you. I love your background by the way...
what a fun trip. I think trips without the kids are absolutely necessary every once in a while!!
Oh I so relate! It is good to reconnect, but good to head home refreshed to happy kids. Just wait till Sulli is old enough to leave you messages when you are gone. Liam left us one that said" This is Liam Alden Williams and I have never been babysat for so long in my life. When are you coming home?" Yes, I cried and called and then laughed alot.
I'm so glad you guys had a good time! It sounds like you had a nice relaxing get-a-way!
glad you had fun! Good to see you the other day. let's plan our wine night soon.
Pump pump pump...Langley says it sounds like the pump is saying "I never, I never, I never". So glad you two had fun! Need to plan our Amy, Coly, Kate time!
So glad to hear you took a moment to vacation with your hubby. Nate and I end up doing/saying the same thing...Marley would so love this!, but it's well worth it and I'm sure your kiddos enjoyed the time with their grandparents
Post a Comment