Mom...I have a new level of compassion for what you went through during the nighttime routines at our house. Last night, we experienced what my mom so perfectly labeled as the "boomerang syndrome." No sooner did we have Sulli in bed than he was right back out again. At first it was a bit humerous...his reasonings for needing to be out of bed. Then it switched to annoying. And finally it became downright scary.
Time 1: "Can I take a quick shower?"
Evan and I were laughing hysterically at this one.
Time 5: "I don't want this blanket right now"...walked out leaving big blanket on the floor next to my bed.
Time 6: "I need that blanket back"...taking blanket back into room. By now Evan is happily snoring next to me.
Time 10: "You want to tuck me in"...with Sulli, it is never a question of what he wants you to do. He tells you what you want to do for him. I do as he wishes hoping it will be the last time. This tuck in somehow prompts a discussion about my Grandpa Alvin dying and why people die. There goes the next 10 minutes!
Time 12: "You got for (forgot) to kiss my dinosaur". AHHHH-stupid dinosaur. I go and kiss the darn dinosaur.
Ok, this is where it gets scary. The visits had slowed down and I had actually gotten somewhat drowsy and was nearing sleep. All of a sudden, I see a small, blurry (my glasses are on the nightstand) figure coming towards me. Startled, I sit up and Sulli says that he needs a drink of my water (which is all gone). I (being drowsy and lazy) tell him to go and get a drink out of his bathroom...big mistake. After hearing the water being turned on and off for quite awhile and then seeing the lights go on and off, I decide that this game is not going to end on its own. I march him back to his room.
I think that I am done with this fiasco at this point...NOT. After getting so close to drifting off to lala land, I again am startled awake by breathing on my neck. Once again I jerk up in bed and I think that I scared Sulli enough by this one that he ran back to his bedroom by himself this time. I can't even tell you what number of visit this was. I finally hear quietness fill the upstairs.
....waaaaaaahhhh. Ben is now awake. So you can see how my night went. The last time I checked on Sulli, it was after 11pm. Mind you we started this bedtime process at 8. He was still wriggling around. I really hope that this doesn't occur on a nightly basis. My few hours of sleep are usually aquired at the very beginning of the night and early in the morning. Everything else in between is spent as an all night open bar...milk bar!
Woe is me! So if I seem a bit out of it during our next encounter, or if the bags under my eyes are being used to hold diapers, you know why!
Sweet dreams!
4 comments:
Okay, I totally know that this is not supposed to be funny, but if this was not your blog, you would find this kind of hilarious. Although I am sure you would also have sympathy for the poor mom, which I do. But, you wrote it so cute, that it was hard not to laugh. Love you darling! Hope you get more shut eye soon.
You are an amazing mother! I'm glad we ended up being related to one another:)
"can I grab a quick shower?" that made me laugh out loud! I'm sure Sulli hears that said around the house quite a bit!!
THOSE are great!!! Keep sharing thise! I love it! He really is quite a creative little guy. :)
I'm so sorry, girlie! What a rough night. I hope that all went well this weekend with putting Ben in his own bedroom. Hang in there! I was up twice last night with my 4 year old! Yikes! There's always something...
Post a Comment